Duncan Embury is one of Canada's most highly respected personal injury lawyers. He is the head of the Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers Group on Medical Malpractice. Its role is to act on behalf of the plaintiffs in all areas of medical negligence. Duncan is also seasoned in all facets of traumatic personal injury cases, in particular, motor vehicle accidents, administrative negligence, product liability, patient liability, and medical negligence.
He graduated from the University of Windsor Law School and was called to the bar in 1996. Attorney Duncan handles complex multi-jurisdictional litigation to help Ontario's citizens seek damages from international jurisdictions where the injury occurred. His experience and expertise in dealing with the complex multi-jurisdictional cases have been developed as a counsel for Van Breda V. Club Resorts, Canada's leading jurisdictional claim.
Specialization and Recognitions
- Duncan works as a co-counsel to support other lawyers who manage complex clinical carelessness situations.
- He is a regular speaker and presenter in various medical negligence fields for different organizations such as the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, the Law Society of Upper Canada, and the Ontario Bar Association.
- For two consecutive years (2014 and 2015), he was voted the Canadian Lexpert Directory as the leading professional in his field.
- Duncan was named one of the best lawyers in Canada from 2013 to 2016.
- He was a licensed specialist in civil litigation by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Duncan Embury was a member of the Canadian Bar Association, The Advocates' Society, Pro Bono Law Ontario at SickKids, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, and Alberta Law Society.
- His field of experience includes medical error, injury lawsuits, birth injuries, obstetric neglect, and surgery negligence. He also focuses on medication errors, neglect of nurses, delayed diagnosis, misdiagnosis, dental negligence, and negligence in healthcare facilities.